Friday, December 12, 2008

There's actually snow!

Very cool! It rarely snows here so when we get snow its very exciting! We are hanging out at the house. The roads are actually pretty bad or were last night. i went to the gym thinking they wouldn't be that bad and I was sliding everywhere. We are going to venture out in a bit bc I am going to get stir crazy as usual! lol Last night Scotty called and said let me talk to C and I could hear her giggling and saying ok! Then she sprinted down the hall to get warm clothes on. i didn't realize that the snow had actually been sticking! So they went out and built a mini snowman and threw snowballs around. It was very sweet.
My friend and I were talking about another friends blog and how she had written about mommy guilt which is something we ALL feel! But the funny thing about mommy guilt that I was thinking about its usually OTHER moms that makes you feel that way. Now that I am getting older and officially about to be considered geriatric haha I don't really get that way over stuff like I used too. But I hear other moms put moms down over food choices bc they don't fee their kids organic breakfast bars, they let them watch tv or play video games, they let them drink tap water, they let them eat jif! Yes I heard that argument last year lol. But its seem like the moms are the major culprit of mommy guilt and I think its sad. You would think that we would bond together and be understanding. I mean of course there are all kinds of mommy guilt. I always feel major guilt when my daughter goes away every other weekend bc I know she isn't taken as good of care of as she is here, I know she's around some pretty bad people who don't have her best interest at heart, I know her teeth don't get brushed, I know she eats bad and I am not complaining bc she isn't eating organic food which she definitely isn't, she is eating JUNK! I hate that she is missing out. So that's the kind of mommy guilt I feel. And that mommy guilt always makes me buy things for her bc she always says well they won't buy me this or do this for me so I end up buying some pretty stupid things. I feel guilt with my on bc sometimes I just nurse him and out him back to sleep and Caroline slept with me but it was a total different situation bc I was single. I hate mommy guilt though. Its definitely one of the most unfair feelings. And of all people to not support you its gonna be a fellow mom. That's the saddest part of it. But anyway!
Speaking of nursing if anyone has any tips on how to cut back on nursing at night without having my EXTREMELY spoiled son cry it out bc I can't do that, let me know! He gets up like every 3 or 4 hours. Its insane! He has cut back a ton during the day to maybe 2 or 3 times but night time is like every 3 or 4 hours. I don't mind the day so much but night time I am missing out on sleep! I am getting off here to go snuggle with the kids and enjoy this snowy day!

No comments: